The Revolution Begins in Your Body, Part 1: Trauma & Cultivating Resilience
From physical to systemic trauma, what is it and how is it held in our bodies?
Develop tools to identify traumatic stress while deepening your capacity to self-soothe and heal. While healing does not occur in a vacuum, we must begin with our own bodies and gain an experiential understanding. This introductory course opens up the dialogue for birthworkers around the basics of trauma, embodiment and self-healing.
Workshop expands the lens in which we view trauma. Taking a look at:
1. Collective and Secondary trauma
2. The impact of trauma in the body
3. The 3 pillars to cultivating ‘Safety’
4. How mindfulness, embodiment & community promote nervous system regulation.
- Identify and mitigate symptoms of traumatic stress.
- A deepened understanding of ‘safety’.
- Participate in conversations around secondary trauma & community wellness among birthworkers.
- 2hr Recorded Workshop
- PDF of Presentation Slides
About the Facilitator:
My name is Dr. Sanaz Yagmai/ @Dr.Yaghmai and I am an Iranian-American living in the United States. I’m a Trauma-Informed Coach, yoga teacher, doula and former therapist. I delved deep into personal growth through mind-body integrative practices to work through personal trauma and learned that I am far more powerful than I once thought. I learned to lean in to discomfort, to listen, and to surrender, all while redefining my relationship with myself. I re-learned how to love myself.
Learn more at www.AlchemyOfTrauma.com