Awakening to Mother Earth: Reclaiming Ancestral Home Series
Sunday, March 21st | 12-2pm PST/ 3-5pm EST
*2hr gathering will be held via Zoom
*Closed captioning is available
*Workshop is open to Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (including mixed POC and children of various global diaspora) who identify as women or womxn
We will be calling upon the wisdom of the Spring Equinox! This is a celebration of seasonal transition to embody creation anew; an opportunity to cleanse our perception and clarify our intentions; and a time to mindfully plant our seeds in hope to collect an abundant harvest at the end of our seasonal cycle.
Who is this workshop for? This workshop is open to BIPOC folks who identify as women and are interested in learning about embodying practices & rituals that center ancestral wisdom.
What will we do?
- EMBODY practices and rituals for rooting and centering based on ancestral wisdom.
- RECLAIM breath practices as a sustainable healing journey in body, mind, and Spirit.
- IDENTIFY rooting rituals and WRITE a wellness and healing plan
- RECONNECT with your intuitive and creative power
How will we do it?
- Sacred Movement
- Poetic meditations and vision quest
- Creative writing/journaling
- Mapping priorities for Spring 2021
- Circle sharing
What will we bring home?
- Two-Mandala handout
- One recorded meditation for Awakening with Mother Earth.
- One creative writing handout
This workshop is part 1 of the Reclaiming Ancestral Home Series. The Reclaiming Ancestral Home Series is about holding space for sharing our journeys, reclaiming and embodying inner creativity to sustain & nurture powerful relationships, and finding a deeper understanding of how to embrace change while healing collectively. It is rooted in radical, spiritual, decolonizing praxis and consciousness-raising. Each participant will embody their own healing & creative powers through introspection and connection to their own ancestral and interdependent wisdom. Participants will take the lead in their own reflections, dialogues and storytelling practices.
The Reclaiming Ancestral Home Series is dedicated to teaching:
- Ancestral teachings about decolonizing healing
- Teachings as an embodied leadership
- How to EMBODY practices and rituals for rooting and centering based on ancestral wisdom
- How to RECLAIM daily practices of sustainable wellness for body, mind, and Spirit
- How to IDENTIFY rooting rituals and WRITE a wellness and healing plan
- How to RECONNECT with your intuitive and creative power
- How to SUSTAIN healthy boundaries internally and deconstruct toxic patterns
- How to embody teachings to tend to your needs and that of your family and communities
- How to CELEBRATE the interconnectedness within and with your lineages as you reclaim intergenerational resiliency
- AND MUCH MORE
Upcoming Reclaiming Ancestral Home Series:
Sunday, June 20th. Awakening to Fire Energies: Reclaiming Ancestral Home Series
Sunday, September 19th. Awakening to the Four Winds: Reclaiming Ancestral Home Series
Sunday, Dec. 19th. Awakening to the Water Energies: Reclaiming Ancestral Home Series
Erika Murcia is a global curandera and mindfulness coach passionate about community building. She embodies a decolonizing healing praxis as keeper of poetic storytelling. Her ancestral wisdom and traditions are rooted in Náhuatl-Pipil and multiracial lineages in Mesoamérica and globally. She was born in Honduras in a refugee camp and was raised in the mountains of Chalatenango, El Salvador. She is a nomadic spirit student of teachers following Indigenous medicines globally. Erika has more than a decade of experience as a facilitator supporting womxn, storytellers, healers, community organizers of the global south to reclaim their creative intuitive power through decolonizing embodied ancestral practices. She has offered over 100 workshops in various countries in Latino America and works with people around the globe. She believes that every human being has the power to sustain their wellbeing while healing with Mother Earth. Her offerings are available through online small group workshops, and one-on-one sessions. She holds a master’s in social work from the University of Michigan.
Once payment is received, you will receive a confirmation email with a PDF. The Zoom link is on the second page. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive your confirmation email.
NonRefundable: All payments are nonrefundable.
Scholarships: Limited full and half-priced scholarships will be awarded to individuals who would not otherwise be able to attend due to financial and social hardships. To apply, send an email to Eri@BirthBruja.com with a short share on why you want to attend.
>>>Be sure to write "Awakening to Mother Earth" in the subject and clarify whether you are requesting a full or half-priced scholarship.